What happens when typhi O positive?
S typhi O positive means active infection of typhoid fever. Active infection indicates the patient has an infection of Salmonella enterica serovar typhi.
Can typhoid be treated completely?
Yes, typhoid is dangerous, but curable. Typhoid fever is treated with antibiotics that kill the Salmonella bacteria. Prior to the use of antibiotics, the fatality rate was 20%. Death occurred from overwhelming infection, pneumonia, intestinal bleeding, or intestinal perforation.
How long does typhoid fever last after treatment?
With treatment, the symptoms of typhoid fever should quickly improve within 3 to 5 days. If typhoid fever isn’t treated, it’ll usually get worse over the course of a few weeks, and there’s a significant risk of life-threatening complications developing.
Which tablet is best for typhoid?
- Ciprofloxacin (Cipro). In the United States, doctors often prescribe this for adults who aren’t pregnant.
- Azithromycin (Zithromax). This may be used if a person is unable to take ciprofloxacin or the bacteria are resistant to ciprofloxacin.
What food is good for typhoid patients?
Here are some foods to enjoy on the typhoid diet:
- Cooked vegetables: potatoes, carrots, green beans, beets, squash.
- Fruits: ripe bananas, melons, applesauce, canned fruit.
- Grains: white rice, pasta, white bread, crackers.
- Proteins: eggs, chicken, turkey, fish, tofu, ground meat.
Is azithromycin treat typhoid fever?
Azithromycin, a member of the macrolide group of antibiotics, has been used as an alternative drug for treating typhoid fever. It achieves low intravascular levels, has high intracellular tissue penetration, and a long elimination half life of 72 hours.
Which fruit is best in typhoid?
Add water content-rich fruits such as watermelons, cantaloupes, grapes, apricots to the diet. These fluids and fruits help in restoring the water content in the body that gets depleted during typhoid fever and cause dehydration. Dehydration may then lead to further complications during the typhoid treatment.
Can I use fan in typhoid?
Yes you can.. there is no problem with that. ..he can infect others only through stools as the causative agent may be discharged through stools… other wise it does not spread through air/aerosols ..so don’t worry about it…. thank you..