How much does a safety officer earn in Nigeria?
An early career Safety Officer with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of ₦1,203,653 based on 41 salaries. A mid-career Safety Officer with 5-9 years of experience earns an average total compensation of ₦1,500,000 based on 21 salaries.
How do you become a marine safety officer?
Safety Officer Job Requirements:
- Chief or 1st Officer license and all required STCW 95 certificates.
- Diploma from an accredited maritime training school or facility.
- Minimum two years experience as a Deck Officer (minimum one year as a 1st or 2nd Officer) aboard a passenger vessel.
Where can an HSE holder work?
Hse Jobs in Nigeria
- HSE Officer at People Capacity Management.
- HSE Officer at Graceco Limited.
- Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) Executive at Lagoon Hospitals.
- HSE Supervisor, Mills Project at Flour Mills Of Nigeria Plc.
- HSE Officer at Flour Mills Of Nigeria Plc.
- Factory HSE Manager at UAC.
How do I become a safety officer in Nigeria?
Health Safety Officer Requirements:
- The International Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety from NEBOSH.
- the National Compliance and Risk Qualifications (NCRQ) and Diploma in Applied Health and Safety.
- A relevant degree in environmental health or occupational safety and health.
- Valid competency certificates.
What does marine safety officer do?
The Ship Safety Officer is appointed to look after the safety of the fellow crew on board and to promote a safety culture and preach safety awareness by means of training and motivation. If there is no safety culture and supervisor on board ship, it can be a dangerous situation for the ship’s crew and the cargo.
What are the duties of a marine safety officer?
The role of the Shipboard Safety Officer is to promote Safety Culture by training and motivating the crew. It is the desire of every seafarer to work in a safe and healthy environment. Neglecting safety not only endangers an individual’s life but also his colleagues.
How much are safety officers paid?
A person working as a Health and Safety Officer in Nigeria typically earns around 146,000 NGN per month. Salaries range from 66,900 NGN (lowest) to 231,000 NGN (highest). This is the average monthly salary including housing, transport, and other benefits.
What is the role of safety officer onboard ship?
Who is the safety officer onboard?
Safety Officer onboard the vessel is an appointed safety adviser who promotes safety onboard by carrying out inspections, identifying hazards and potential hazards to health, safety and the environment with subject to the agreement of the Master.