How do I setup my Linksys wireless G router?
How to Set Up a Linksys WRT54G Wireless G Router
- Step 1: Connect the Modem. Plug the Ethernet cable from your cable or DSL modem into the Internet port on the router.
- Step 2: Connect Your Computers.
- Step 3: Connect the Power.
- Step 1: Log In.
- Step 2: Open Wireless Settings.
- Step 3: Name the Network.
- Step 4: Set Up Security.
What is Linksys Wireless G BroadBand router?
The Linksys WRT54G Wireless-G BroadBand Router is a 3-in-1 networking device that lets your whole network share a high-speed Cable or DSL Internet connection. It can act as a wireless access point, a 4-port Ethernet switch, or a router.
How do I reset my Linksys Wireless G Broadband Router?
2. How do I reset the Linksys WRT54G2 to factory default settings? To reset the router to factory default settings, press the Reset button for 10 seconds while the device is powered ON.
What do I do with my old Linksys router?
What You Can Do With an Old Router
- Wireless repeater.
- Guest Wi-Fi connection.
- Cheap internet radio.
- Use the old router as a network switch.
- Adapt it as a wireless bridge.
- Convert your router into a NAS.
- Use an old router as a web server.
- A DIY VPN router.
How old is wireless g?
Wi-Fi History In 2003 wireless equipment operating according to IEEE 802.11g became available and in 2009 devices conforming to 802.11n came along. Each update improved the performance of routers in speed, range, or reliability.
What is the default username and password for Linksys router wrt54g?
What default IP Address, username and password are used to log in to the router’s web-based setup page? The default IP Address is 192.168. 1.1. On the log in window, leave the username blank and the password is “admin”.
What’s better Wireless G or n?
The main difference between Wireless N and the older Wireless G is speed. Wireless N routers, when accessed by a Wireless N compliant client, can reach speeds of up to 300Mbps or more compared to the 54Mbps ceiling of Wireless G.
How do I reset the password on my Linksys wireless-G router?
Follow the steps below to change your Wi-Fi password:
- Launch a web browser, enter “192.168. 1.1” in the Address bar then press [Enter].
- Enter your credentials in the fields provided.
- Click the Wireless tab, then click the Wireless Security sub-tab.
- In the Passphrase field, enter your preferred Wi-Fi password.