How do I get my CAC reader to work on my Mac?
- Step 1: Purchase a Mac Friendly CAC Reader. Purchase a CAC reader that works for your Mac.
- Step 2: Plug in and Ensure It’s Accepted. Once you have your CAC reader, plug it into your Mac and ensure your computer recognizes it.
- Step 3: Update Your DOD Certificates.
- Step 4: Download and install CAC Enabler.
How do I trust a certificate on a Mac?
In the Keychain Access app on your Mac, select a keychain from one of the keychains lists, then double-click a certificate. Next to Trust, click the arrow to display the trust policies for the certificate. To override the trust policies, choose new trust settings from the pop-up menus.
How do I know if my CAC Reader is working?
To check if smart card reader is working Navigate to Computer. Right-click Computer, and then select Properties. Under Tasks, select Device Manager. In Device Manager, expand Smart card readers, select the name of the smart card reader you want to check, and then select Properties.
What is smart card for Mac?
Smart cards, such as U.S. Department of Defense Common Access Cards and the U.S. Personal Identity Verification (PIV) Cards, are access-control devices. You use a smart card to physically authenticate yourself in situations like these: Client-side authentication to PK-enabled websites (HTTPS)
What is smart card in macOS?
What is smart card in Macbook?
As soon as macOS is configured, a user simply inserts a smart card or token to create a new user account. They are prompted to enter their pin and create a unique keychain password that is wrapped by the encryption key in the smart card. Accounts can be configured for network user accounts or mobile user accounts.
How do I fix certificates on my Mac?
To edit settings for certificates with custom settings, follow these steps:
- Double-click the certificate to open its settings.
- Click the arrow next to Trust.
- Use the dropdown menus to make adjustments.
- Close the window.
- Quit Keychain Access when you’re done.
How do I access my Army email on a personal computer?
To access Army Email Login (now ARMY 365 Webmail): Open a fresh web browser (Microsoft Edge or Chrome; Firefox only if configured with ActivClient) and go to Army 365 Webmail. Enter your @army.mil email. Select SIGN IN WITH CAC/PIV. Select the AUTHENTICATION certificate when prompted.