How do I connect my wireless optical mouse?
Move your mouse closer to your computer. Re-plug the USB transceiver into the USB port on your computer, then press the connect button on the mouse. The LED indicator on the mouse flashes steadily while in pairing mode (10 seconds).
Why is my wireless rechargeable mouse not working?
Check to be sure the batteries are inserted correctly, and that they’re not simply worn out. Fresh batteries are the cure for many wireless mouse problems. Power switch: Many mouse devices have a switch on the bottom, so that you can turn them off and save your battery when not in use.
How do I fix my wireless optical mouse not working?
1) Connect your mouse receiver to a different port. If possible, try the USB port at the back of the computer, since they typically have more power available. 2) Replace the battery. Please make sure that you have inserted both the required batteries into the wireless mouse correctly.
How do I connect 2.4 Ghz wireless mouse?
If you have a 2.4GHz mouse, it always has a dongle. This dongle communicates with the mouse via radio frequencies. Plug the dongle of your 2.4GHz mouse into the USB port of your laptop or PC. In many cases, the mouse works immediately.
Why is my mouse suddenly not working?
A: In most cases, when a mouse and/or keyboard become unresponsive, one of two things are to blame: (1) The batteries in the actual mouse and/or keyboard are dead (or are dying) and need to be replaced; or (2) the drivers for either or both devices need to be updated.
Can a wireless mouse work without any receiver?
A Bluetooth mouse will work without a receiver as long as your device is Bluetooth enabled. If your mouse connects via RF or wi-fi, you may not be able to use it without its dongle receiver. While most wireless mice are sold with a USB dongle receiver, you don’t need it for a Bluetooth mouse.
How do I reset my optical mouse?
To reset a computer mouse:
- Unplug the mouse.
- With the mouse unplugged, hold down the left and right mouse buttons.
- While holding down the mouse buttons, plug the mouse back into the computer.
- After around 5 seconds, release the buttons. You will see an LED flash if it resets successfully.
How do you troubleshoot a mouse?
How to Fix a PC or Laptop Mouse That’s Not Working
- Inspect the mouse for hardware damage.
- Clean the mouse.
- Replace the batteries.
- Try a different USB port.
- Connect the mouse directly to the USB port.
- Use the mouse on an appropriate surface.
- Update the driver.
- Release and re-pair a Bluetooth mouse.
How do I add a wireless mouse to my laptop?
Method 1 Connect Wireless Mouse with USB Receiver
- Insert the wireless receiver into your computer’s USB port.
- Turn on your mouse. The power button is usually at the bottom of the mouse.
- Press your mouse’s “Connection” button.
- Move your mouse around to check the connection.