Does GE Smart Switch work with SmartThings?
GE 14291 Enbrighten Z-Wave Plus Smart Light Switch, Works with Alexa, Google Assistant, SmartThings, Zwave Hub Required, Repeater/Range Extender, 3-Way Ready 1st Gen, White & Light Almond.
Is SmartThings compatible with Z-Wave?
The SmartThings Hub is a Z-Wave certified central static controller. It can be included in any Z-Wave network and operate with Z-Wave certified devices from other manufacturers.
How do I add a GE switch to SmartThings?
Go to the Smartthings marketplace in the app. Tell Smartthings to search for new device. Press the ON once (up) and DO NOT hold it. Switch should show up after a few seconds.
Which light switches work with SmartThings?
Although it requires a Z-wave hub, you don’t have to worry about it because SmartThings is one of the few devices that is compatible with the GE Z-wave light switch. You can control it with any laptop or mobile device that you own.
Do GE Z-wave switches need a hub?
Do I need a hub? Yes – to get the most out of your Z-Wave device, a Z-Wave Certified hub is required to set schedules and control remotely away from the home, which a handheld Z-Wave controller cannot do. You can visit our Z-Wave website for more information on compatible hubs.
Are all Z-Wave devices compatible?
Yes, all Z-Wave devices are compatible. You can buy Z-Wave products from any manufacturer and be confident that they will work with other Z-Wave smart home gadgets.
What light switches work with SmartThings?
SmartThings Smart Light Switches & Dimmers
- Lutron – Caseta Smart Dimmer Switch, 150W LED/600W Incandescent, for Wall and Ceiling Lights – White.
- TP-Link – Kasa Wi-Fi Smart Light Dimmer Switch – White.
- Brilliant – Smart Dimmer Switch – Gray.
- Brilliant – Wi-Fi Smart 4-Switch Home Control Panel with Voice Assistant – White.
Do GE Z-Wave switches need a hub?
Is SmartThings Zwave or ZigBee?
Samsung SmartThings devices (Outlets and Motion, Multipurpose, Arrival, and Water Leak Sensors) contain ZigBee chips to receive and provide information.
Do all ZigBee devices work with SmartThings?
Anyway, long story short: the zigbee standard allows for multiple profiles, and they are not all compatible with SmartThings. Look for Devices certified for ZHA 1.2 and you’ll have the best chance of getting them to work with SmartThings.
What hubs work with Z-Wave?
The Best Z-Wave Hub: 2022 Buyer’s Guide
- Athom Homey. ✔ Supports Alexa, Google, and HomeKit.
- Aeotec Smart Hub. ✔ Supports Bixby, Alexa and Google Assistant.
- Hubitat Elevation. ✔ Supports Alexa, Google Home, and IFTTT.
- Thinka for Z-Wave. ✔ Supports HomeKit, Alexa, and Google Assistant.
- Ezlo PlugHub.
- Aeotec Z-Stick.
Can Alexa control Z-Wave devices?
Amazon Alexa owners can now add voice control to their Z-Wave devices within their smart home network. The marriage of these two technologies is enabling smart homeowners to control lights, adjust thermostats, change music and unlock doors.
How do I pair my GE smart outlet?
Make sure Bluetooth is enabled on your phone or tablet and you are within 40 feet of the C by GE smart plug.
- Launch the C by GE app on your phone or tablet.
- Tap Add in the top right corner.
- Then tap Add New Devices.
- Select Plugs.
- Select the Smart Plug from the list.
How do I pair my Z wave device?
Z-Wave / Zigbee Device Pairing Guide
- Click on “add device”
- Click on Other Devices. This will open the paring screen and the gateway will search for the new device.
- Follow the steps below to complete the pairing of the device with the gateway.
- Click on Add Device.
- Click on Other Devices.
- Power up the Z-Wave device.